Under 11 U.S. Code § 528, Moellring & Ambler, LLC is a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Are you facing medical expenses, job loss, credit card debt, or debt from a divorce? You are not alone – these are among the most common reasons why people file bankruptcy. Regardless of the situation that has prompted you to seek bankruptcy relief, Moellring & Ambler has the experience and expertise to represent clients in chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcies. We will analyze your financial situation with you and determine whether Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 is right for you. We offer the benefit of a free initial consultation, by appointment.
For general information about Chapter 7, » click here
For general information about Chapter 13, » click here
To make the most of your free consultation, we highly recommend that you bring the following information to your appointment:
- A budget estimate (printable form available here).
- Copies of pay stubs and/or other income received in the last six months
- Be prepared to disclose the value of all assets you own or even have a partial interest in, including real estate, vehicles, pension plans, bank accounts, tools, etc.
- Copies of any lawsuits filed against you
- Copies of tax returns for the two most recent years
- A complete list of creditors (printable form available here) that includes:
- Secured debts (home and vehicle loans)
- Any personal loans from family/friends
- Unsecured debts (credit cards, medical bills, utility bills, lawsuits, etc.)
- Even list debts that may not be dischargeable such as child support, tax debt, student loans or criminal restitution
Communities we serve for bankruptcy:
We currently serve bankruptcy debtors in the Central District of Illinois, Springfield Division and Peoria Division as well as the Eastern District of Missouri, Northern Division. This includes: Quincy, IL; Mt. Sterling, IL; Macomb, IL; Pittsfield, IL; Jacksonville, IL; and Springfield, IL and all communities in the Illinois counties in the Springfield Division outlined in blue and Peoria Division outlined in red on the map below. The Missouri division includes: Hannibal, MO; New London, MO; Bowling Green, MO; Monroe City, MO; Shelbina, MO; Kirksville, MO; Mexico, MO; Macon, MO; Moberly, MO; Kahoka, MO and all communities in the Missouri counties outlined in red on the map below.
The cost associated with filing bankruptcy will be the total of filing fees, attorney fees, and credit counseling classes.
- Currently the filing fees for a Ch 7 are $338, and filing fees for a Ch 13 are $313.
- Attorney fees will vary from case to case.
- Credit counseling classes can be completed online (we recommend www.debtorcc.org). Currently the first course (pre-filing) costs $19.95 per household, and the second course (post-filing) costs $14.95 per household.
At the conclusion of your initial consultation, we will give you a contract explaining which Chapter we think you should file, and what our fees will be.